Friday, May 9, 2014

Keep it all in the family.

Hey guys! What's up? I'm so glad it's Friday already. TGIF right? What are your plans for tonight? Today I wanna talk to you about mixing prints. It's like the trendiest thing right now. At first I was a little bit unsure, but I've grown really fond of it. The best thing about this is that it gives you the opportunity to be as saucy as possible. My advice for you is to give it a try. You won't regret it. It's like having a new wardrobe. Today's tip is:


KEEP IT ALL IN THE FAMILY. 



What do I mean by that? Color families. You don't want your outfit to look messy and painful, right? So, for your look to work try using colors that belong to the same "family". Of course you can combine colors that contrast, don't get me wrong, but if you are still unsure about this play it safe. You don't have to use the same shade, just pick a central color palette so your prints can blend in easier. Another thing you can do is to make sure that at least one color is repeated in every piece of the outfit. The look I'm suggesting today mixes leopard and flowers, the blouse and skirt keep the same color combo (neutral all over the place). Using similar colors makes it subtle and it looks like the prints belong together. The colors repeat themselves throughout the entire ensemble and the outfit looks unified and chic instead of plain weird. Also, I tied my blouse in a knot so it looked different and crop top-ish. I'm kinda bored of tucking my blouse in, it's so bleh.. I'm wearing a pair of black strappy sandals and a black purse. Simple details so my outfit doesn't look overloaded. So, what do you think? Are you willing to give it a try? Would you go for something bolder? Dying to hear from all of you guys and I really hope you give it a try. Have a great weekend, have fun, be safe and wish your momma a happy Mother's Day! Xoxo, Sophie. 

Photos by: Andrea Sanchez (Instagram: andreeitas)
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @SophiaHanser
You can also follow me on Bloglovin: FancyHansy












No comments:

Post a Comment