Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Gents Style Academy

So, my brother is organizing this challenge at his job, where you have to read 3 books by November 15th, and one of the books he is reading is called Delivering Happiness and it is actually the story of an online shoe and clothing shop, perhaps you've heard about Zappos, anyways that's not the point.. The book talks about profits, passion and purpose... and I won't talk about profits because I don't do any profits, but I can talk about passion and purpose because I think those will eventually lead you to the greatest profit you could ever have: a life that you can be proud of.

We tend to imagine and daydream about what we would like to be. Most of the time you picture yourself doing something that drives you crazy (in a good way of course), something that you would do for free.. When you know what that is, you should follow that dream. Hold on to it as hard as possible. Some people are lucky enough to know what makes them get out of bed in the morning with a smile on their face from a young age, some of us have no idea. I think it has taken me 21 years to find that, to find what I'm truly passionate about.. I would love to feel proud of my passion, to feel proud about what I do I do with it. If you haven't noticed, one of the things I am passionate about is clothing, but it is not about clothing itself. For me is a way to express myself, is a way to introduce myself without having to  speak and I like it.. No, wait.. Scratch that, I love it! 


But what is the purpose of this? Have you ever felt overdressed or underdressed or just hoped you could feel comfy in your clothes and look good? Well, when I manage to be well dressed I not only feel good, I feel more confident and yes, there are people that don't get this boost out of being well dressed and some might even say it's superficial but we are not only the clothes we wear.. We are much more than that! We are beautiful in the inside and why not match that with being beautiful and well dressed on the outside? If you are reading this you can probably make some sense about all this.. And you will get me when I say that being well dressed matching that beautiful inside that you have could, in some sort of way, make this a better world... and that my friends, it's purpose. Once we find what our purpose is and what things need to be made or changed in order to get there, everything falls into place. 

"Clothes mean nothing until someone lives in them." -Marc Jacobs 

Xoxo, Sophie. 

Model: Leonardo Campos (instagram: @l_campos) 
Photos and Design by: Andrea Sanchez (instagram: @andreeitas)
Follow me on Twitter and Instagram: @SophiaHanser @FancyHansyBlog
You can also follow me on Bloglovin: FancyHansy 
and on Pinterest: Sophia Hanser
Contact me: fancyhansy@gmail.com












No comments:

Post a Comment